32 Team Collaboration Tools To Check Out Right Now
What’s the best team collaboration tool? There’s no right or wrong answer to this question. It all depends on the size of your team, the type of projects you’re working on, and the needs of your team members. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg – there are a lot more factors to take into consideration (but more on this later).
What are team collaboration tools?
Team collaboration tools help facilitate collaboration and communication between team members – even if they’re not physically working in the same space. The aim of team collaboration software is to bring employees together and provide them with the tools needed to work together on projects.
What are the main features of collaboration tools?
While some collaboration tools will be designed specifically to enhance collaboration and communication, other tools will combine those features with other capabilities (i.e., task management, resource management, and project management) to increase overall productivity and efficiency.
Some of the most common features of collaboration tools include:
- Video-conferencing and calling solutions
- In-app messaging solutions
- Collaborative documents (i.e., sticky notes, dashboards, and whiteboards)
- Real-time reports
- Time-scheduling solutions
- Time-tracking solutions
- Invoicing and billing
When searching for collaboration tools, make sure you take features into account – what objectives are you trying to achieve with this tool? If it’s to improve your overall collaboration and project management, you’ll want to pick a tool that brings together a variety of different features under one app.
How can collaboration tools improve team communication?
The great thing about team collaboration software is that it can be used anywhere, regardless of location. This makes it especially useful for hybrid and remote teams operating in different countries since it provides a suite of tools that can be used to align business goals and get employees working together efficiently.
As well as facilitating communication, team collaboration tools can also be used to help organize and keep track of projects – helping to avoid any miscommunication or useless back-and-forth comms.
Other popular benefits of team collaboration tools include:
- Saving time and resources
- Boosting team connection and facilitating ‘watercooler’ moments within virtual settings
- Increasing productivity and efficiency
- Replacing messy spreadsheets and outdated paper processes with seamless work-management solutions
- Giving businesses the tools – and confidence – needed to hire global talent
- Facilitating idea-sharing
- Improving employee retention
- Improving scheduling capabilities
How do you choose the right team collaboration tool for your business?
With so many different employee collaboration tools available, it can be tricky to find the right one for your business needs. As well as taking your budget into mind, you’ll also want to consider the following factors:
- Is it secure?
- Does it have a relatively quick set-up time?
- Is it created by a trustworthy provider?
- Does it come equipped with manual updates and customer support?
Most collaboration tools also offer free trials, giving you a chance to explore different software systems and find the one that fits your needs exactly.
What are the best team collaboration tools?
Scoro is the most comprehensive project management and collaboration tool you can find. It has features to assist in all aspects of business – from project planning and collaboration to billing and invoicing solutions. But there’s more to Scoro – it also serves as all-in-one business management software where you can manage all your tasks, projects, client base, and finances.
- Project & task management
- To-do lists, notifications, and reminders
- Assigning and delegating tasks
- Reporting on work, sales performance, budgets, etc.
- Invoice templates and automated monthly billing
- Time tracking and billing
- Collaboration tools for remote teams
What’s special about this tool: Scoro is the ideal remote employee management software, combining team collaboration tools with efficient project management and billing solutions, making it easy to manage your entire company from one central location.
Pricing: From $26 user/month
Try our 14-day free trial today!
If you’re looking to refresh your team management experience, try Notion. This tool helps to plan and discuss projects, collaborate with the team, and keep track of all ongoing tasks. You can also integrate Notion with slack for faster and streamlined communications.
- To-do lists
- Weekly planner
- Taking notes + sharing files
- Commenting on anything
- Planning projects
- Personal weekly checklist
- Serves as a shared whiteboard
What’s special about this tool: Easily assemble workflows and schedules that are personal and specific to each of your team members.
Pricing: Free up to 5 users, Pro plan $5 user/month
Check out this list of Notion alternatives!
A team collaboration tool designed to facilitate communication, Slack provides a host of in-app messaging capabilities and channels, boosting your team’s productivity and giving you a better overview of tasks and projects.
- Team communication and chat
- Integrates with Google Drive, Box, or Dropbox
- Use @everyone tag to send a message to the entire team
- Leverage automated chats with Slack bots
What’s special about this tool: In addition to popular chatting features, Slack also features a variety of shortcuts and ‘hacks’ that help to increase the productivity levels of your team and improve collaboration.
Pricing: Free basics, Standard plan $8 user/month, Plus plan $15 user/month
4. Evernote Business
Evernote Business is similar to the note-taking app Evernote – the only difference is that it’s made specifically for larger teams. Featuring a virtual whiteboard, Evernote Business gives everyone on your team the chance to contribute their ideas and take part in a virtual discussion.
- All features of Evernote Premium
- Collect, save, and share documents
- Presentation mode
- Idea boards
What’s special about this tool: Evernote Business lets every team member contribute their best ideas via a virtual whiteboard, and offers a ‘presentation mode’ which allows employees to review all topics and discussions.
Pricing: €13.25 per user/month
ProofHub – a work management and collaboration software tool – makes it easier to share and discuss ideas across the entire team.
- Assigned user roles
- Online team discussions
- Sharing and saving files
- Task dependencies and delegating
- Reporting and tracking projects
What’s special about this tool: ProofHub is easy-to-use and improves the way your team collaborates and only takes a day to fully set up and integrate within your team.
Pricing: Starting from $20 per month (up to 10 projects)
6. Concept inbox
Concept Inbox is a collaboration software tool designed specifically for creative teams and their partners. It helps to streamline the entire creative process from planning to prototyping approved designs.
- Prototyping high-quality web, mobile, and tablet apps
- Commenting on designs and ideas
- Real-time annotations and comments
- Sharing videos, design image files, and PDFs
- Real-time collaboration
What’s special about this tool: Concept Inbox is an ideal tool for design teams who work closely with clients and partners, helping to facilitate collaboration and communication.
Pricing: From $14/month
Cage is all about improving the way creative teams collaborate and work. It helps your team manage projects and communicate with one another via video calls and in-app messaging features.
- Manage and create projects
- Make notes and comments
- Keep track of revisions
- Get approvals from clients
- Manage your projects, and clients and work via dashboards
- Video conferences
What’s special about this tool: Cage combines project management and collaboration tools in an all-in-one work management solution, reducing the need to toggle between multiple apps.
Pricing: From $24/month
Prezly helps corporate communication teams speed up their workflow with a platform for newsrooms, contact management, and outreach. It streamlines the way you manage your stakeholder collaboration, making it easier to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Keep track of your brand’s stakeholders
- Reach stakeholders quickly with beautiful multimedia emails
- Create attractive and multifunctional online newsrooms
What’s special about this tool: Manage your entire communication history and client base from one central location and never lose track of important contacts.
Pricing: From $150/month.
9. Microsoft Project
Microsoft Project helps to streamline project, resource, and portfolio management and has over 20+ million users.
- Project scheduling & costing
- Resource management
- Reporting & business intelligence
- Built-in project templates
- Project timelines
What’s special about this tool: Integrate Microsoft Project with Microsoft Teams to facilitate collaboration between team members with chats, meetings, file-sharing, and video conferencing.
Pricing: From $30 month/user for cloud platform, from $1,159 for on-premise software (for one PC)
Check out this Microsoft Project alternative!
Fleep is a next-generation messenger built with project collaboration in mind, featuring chat functions and scheduling tools.
- Chatting with team members and partners
- Email compatibility – non-users receive ordinary emails
- Pin important messages to the side of each conversation
- Sharing files and integration with Google Hangouts
- Integration with Google Hangouts
What’s special about this tool: Fleep offers multiple channels for seamless collaboration via integrations with email and Google Hangouts, so you never need to leave the app to send and receive messages.
Pricing: Free, Premium €1 user/month (advanced file-sharing and premium support)
Skype is a popular collaboration tool that delivers online video conferencing solutions and in-app messaging capabilities.
- Video chat
- Conference calls
- Group chats for different teams
- Notifications based on mentions
What’s special about this tool: Skype enables video calls with up to 250 people. If you work as a small team of fewer than 25 people, conducting video calls is even simpler (and free).
Pricing: Free (Up to 25 people on group audio calls), Skype for Business from €1.7 user/month
Similar to Skype group chats, appear.in lets you create online meeting rooms for video calls. It’s a great tool for teams that already use a chat collaboration tool but also need a tool that provides video and messaging solutions.
- Send messages and links in text chat
- Claim your own personal video room
- Set a custom background image for the room
- Lock the room for private conversations
What’s special about this tool: Instead of adding all your group members to an online video call service, you can simply create an online meeting room and share the link with all participants.
Pricing: Free up to 8 people, Premium coming soon
Yammer is a widely used enterprise network tool for teams looking to collaborate and communicate with each other internally.
- Signing up with company emails
- Team chat and collaboration tools
- Sharing documents
- Chat groups
- Public and private chats
What’s special about this tool: Instead of using their email accounts, employees can only be added to calls via their corporate emails – making team chats more private and secure. You can also safely collaborate with partners and customers using Yammer’s External Groups.
Mural is an employee collaboration software system that enhances teamwork with tools designed to facilitate idea-sharing and seamless collaboration.
- Visually organize your thoughts
- Drop your ideas on a shareable canvas
- Share files
- Live conversations
- Add comments to team members’ ideas
- Voting for better decision-making
- Real-time activity feeds
What’s special about this tool: Mural is a seamless collaboration tool geared specifically towards creative teams.
Pricing: Startup plan (up to 5 members) $29/month, Business plan beginning from $1500/year
Ideaflip is an online sticky note tool that makes it easier for your team to turn thoughts into ideas, share them, and refine them – making it ideal for hybrid and remote teams.
- Brainstorm as a group
- Use a simple online whiteboard to explain your ideas
- Comment on each other’s ideas
- Upload PDFs and CSV files
- Export in PDFs
What’s special about this tool: Ideaflip puts a fun spin on collaboration and can help spark your team’s creativity, inspiring employees to open up and share their ideas.
Scribblar is an online whiteboard and collaboration tool that takes creative brainstorming and artwork revision to a whole new level, complete with chat rooms for your employees to discuss projects.
- Chat, audio, and virtual whiteboards
- Can be used for teaching sessions
What’s special about this tool: As well as being used to facilitate collaboration between team members, Scribblar can also be used to organize and set up remote training sessions for new employees.
Pricing: Starter plan $16/month, Standard plan $24/month
Everything about your business, one click away
Basecamp is a project management tool used by thousands of project teams around the world. As well as making it easy to manage projects, Basecamp also makes it easy to collaborate and communicate with clients (i.e., by facilitating feedback via file-sharing).
- Reports on project performance
- Separate dashboards for client collaboration
- Message boards for discussing projects and ideas
- Email and desktop notifications
- Projects with multiple users and tasks
- In-app team collaboration and commenting
What’s special about this tool: Basecamp only takes 10 minutes to set up and is relatively simple to use, making it easy to integrate within existing systems.
Pricing: $29/month for unlimited users
Float is a resource management platform that makes it easy to keep track of everyone’s schedule while bringing more clarity and transparency to project management.
- Task scheduling and project planning
- Planning on a visual interface
- Setting individual availabilities
- Simple work reports
What’s special about this tool: Individual availability tracking makes it easy to notice when someone isn’t being utilized fully, so you can assign them extra tasks – particularly when resources are being stretched thin.
Pricing: From $29/month
Brightpod is a project management tool with features that allow users to create projects, also known as Pods, which are complemented by tasks and milestones.
- Editorial calendar
- Projects with tasks, priorities, and milestones
- Cardboard layout for task management
- Individual dashboards for team members
What’s special about this tool: When creating a project (or Pod) with Brightpod, you can use a Pod template for a faster project set-up.
Pricing: From $29/month
FunctionFox is an online timesheet tool with many helpful project management features, such as milestone tracking and budget comparison.
- Scheduling meetings and tasks
- Interactive real-time reports
- Projects with tasks and milestones
- Comparing estimated budgets with actual figures
- To-do lists and time-tracking
Read on: Business Budgeting Software
What’s special about this tool: FunctionFox lets users create visual dashboards that can be customized according to personal preferences. This way, you always have an overview of your team’s work progress.
Pricing: From $5/month
If you’re a small project team that bills clients based on time worked, Nutcache might be an ideal tool for you. In addition to project management, this tool also features billing and invoicing solutions to help you keep on top of client payments.
- Time tracking and billing
- Collaboration tools
- Project and task management features
- Expense management and budgeting
- Links projects with clients
What’s special about this tool: Nutcache has a simple and intuitive user interface, making it easy to integrate the tool within existing set-ups and systems.
Pricing: From $6 per month/user
22. Toggl Plan
Toggl Plan is a project management and resource management tool that lets teams schedule their upcoming tasks and meetings into a shared calendar. It also delivers a quick and accurate overview of your team’s work progress and any upcoming projects.
- Simple Gantt-chart interface
- Scheduling work well into the future
- Drag-and-drop task management
- Project management tools
What’s special about this tool: Toggl Plan serves as an add-on to more comprehensive project management software systems and is ideal for teams that require an efficient time-scheduling tool.
23. Active Collab
ActiveCollab combines billing and project management, making it easier to plan and track your team’s projects – as well as offering team collaboration and communication features.
- Commenting on tasks and mentioning colleagues
- Gantt-like planning feature
- Creating tasks with multiple users and deadlines
- Filtering tasks by users, dates, and labels
- A shared team calendar for collaboration
- Time tracking and billing
What’s special about this tool: ActiveCollab improves team collaboration and enables users to personalize their individual accounts with custom themes.
Pricing: From $25/month
Toggl is a no-hassle time tracking software tool that integrates with a number of different project management software systems.
- Instant overview of your billable time and team progress
- Professional reports delivered directly to customers or team managers
- Real-time time entries and collaboration
- Offline time tracking & mobile functionalities
- Integrations with your favorite productivity tools
What’s special about this tool: Toggl is completely focused on time tracking and is trusted by hundreds of organizations including Spotify, Amazon, and Uber.
Pricing: From $10/month
Harvest is a popular time billing software tool designed to get your team up-to-speed on projects however (and wherever) they want – from their laptop, iPhone, Android, or even via an Apple Watch.
- Time tracking from any browser, computer, or mobile
- Creating estimates and invoices based on the time worked
- Real-time reports on time spent
- Expense logging
What’s special about this tool: Utilize the timesheet approval feature to easily view and approve your team’s time spent on projects, as well as expenses.
Pricing: From $12/month
FreshBooks is an invoice and accounting software tool designed to make accounting easier and less intimidating, providing businesses with tools for invoicing, expense tracking, and time management.
- Time tracking and billing for work
- Automatically importing and categorizing expenses from bank accounts and credit cards
- Upload and share files
- Track spending with expense reports
- Reports on received payments and billing history
- Keep tabs on project progress and get feedback from your team
What’s special about this tool: Easily automate your billing activities, so you can free up time to focus on what’s most important.
Pricing: From $29.95/month
If you’re looking for a simple yet powerful time tracking tool, Paymo might be the answer. The tool brings project management, work reporting, and time billing under one roof, making it easier to get an overview of your team’s performance.
- Tracking the time spent on tasks and projects
- Thorough work reports
- Dashboard to see your team’s performance
- Billing customers for completed tasks
- Integrated project accounting
What’s special about this tool: With Paymo Plus, you can automate time tracking completely. All you need to do is download the desktop app, set it up, and at the end of each day, categorize all your time entries.
Pricing: $8.95/user per month + project accounting add-on for $9.95 per month
Hubstaff is an all-in-one time-tracker that helps you keep track of your team’s work and leisure time, making it a great option for organizations looking to track all time spent at work (not just on time spent on projects or tasks).
- Tracking the time spent on tasks with screenshots
- Tracking the time spent on websites + desktop apps
- Reporting on the team’s time usage
- Billing clients for projects
- Making payments to employees based on the time worked
- Keyboard & mouse activity level data
What’s special about this tool: Since Hubstaff tracks work and leisure time, it’s an ideal tool for remote and hybrid organizations that need to check-in on their employee’s schedules throughout the day.
Pricing: From $49/month
BillQuick is an online accounting and invoice tool, complete with a set of time-management features such as invoicing and expense overview solutions.
- Tracking time off, overtime, compensation time, vacations, etc.
- Project management and work reporting
- Generating invoices and billing clients
- Running multiple timers concurrently
- Attaching pictures, documents, and web links to time and expense records
- Emailing invoices as PDFs
What’s special about this tool: BillQuick’s tool ‘Employee Workload Forecaster’ enables you to see which tasks are assigned to each and every team member.
Pricing: From $19.95/month
ClickTime is an online timesheets tool that helps businesses track both billable time and employee time usage. You’ll also get complete control over your budgets and receive accurate timesheets.
- Online timesheets and billable time entries
- Time tracking with a stopwatch
- Dynamic billing rates
- Analyzing project profit, costs, and billings
- Reporting on employee and project performance
- Forecasting the time needed for tasks
What’s special about this tool: ClickTime is focused on improving your team’s workflow and helps to plan your budgets and time more efficiently.
Pricing: From $12/month
LiquidPlanner is a collaboration tool that combines project management and time-tracking, making it easier to communicate with team members and share ideas.
- Estimating a realistic range of time to complete tasks
- Commenting on tasks and schedule
- Task-specific collaboration boards
- Resource management/scheduling screen
- Adding notes to projects
What’s special about this tool: LiquidPlanner has an interesting methodology for project management – it helps teams to set realistic deadlines based on best-case and worst-case scenarios.
Pricing: From $29/month
Teamwork enhances team collaboration and helps creative teams to organize their work and tasks more efficiently.
- Project planning on Gantt charts
- Task lists with milestones and sub-tasks
- Time tracking and reporting on time spent
- Customizable features on each project
- Comprehensive user permissions
- Attaching files to projects
What’s special about this tool: Teamwork is easy to use and feature-rich and easily integrates with two existing products: Teamwork Desk and Teamwork Chat – enabling you to manage all aspects of your business from one app.
Pricing: From $24/month
Check out these Teamwork Alternatives.
Ready to enhance your team’s collaboration?
Hopefully, this list has given you a good idea of what’s on offer – as well as the different price points and features to look out for when choosing a team collaboration tool for your business.
What do we recommend?
As an all-in-one collaboration and work management tool, Scoro can help you streamline and enhance your business from all angles. Whether you need to increase efficiency amongst your team, create a billing solution, or help facilitate collaboration – there’s something for every business with Scoro.
Don’t just take our word for it though. Try our 14-day free trial today and see what a difference our end-to-end collaboration and work management tool can have on your business.
Everything about your business, one click away