Effective from May 25th, 2018.
This Recruitment Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) describes how Scoro Software OÜ and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Scoro”, “us” or “we”) process the personal data of candidates we contact and applicants that apply to a position (“you”) in connection with Scoro’s recruiting processes.
Please read this Privacy Notice through prior to submitting your personal data to us. Kindly note that by submitting your personal data to us we consider that you have read through and confirm your understanding of this Privacy Notice and agree to the use of your personal data as set out herein.
We are the controller of your personal data. Our contacts are as follows: Scoro Software OÜ, Endla 15, Tallinn 10122, Estonia, registry code 10806081, info [at] scoro.com. Contact of our data protection officer at gdpr [at] scoro.com
Personal data we collect about you
During the recruiting process, we may ask submission of different information that enable us to assess your suitability to certain positions. You are not required to provide any requested information to us but failing to do so may result in not being able to continue your candidacy for the job.
We may process following data about you:
- your name and contact details;
- all information contained in your CV and in your motivation letter, e.g. information about your education and trainings, employment history, hobbies, language skills;
- your job preferences;
- results of your tests and analyses performed by our request;
- names and contact details of your recommenders. We consider that you have obtained consent from your recommenders prior to providing us with their names and contact details.
Sources of your personal data
We usually collect personal data directly from you when you apply for a position with us or when we contact you with a possible job offer. In addition, we collect your personal data independently through different channels (e.g., via LinkedIn, other social media profiles, professional recruiting firms, from online job site). We also may collect your personal data from third parties, such as professional recruiting firms, your references, prior employers, Scoro employees with whom you have interviewed, and employment background check providers, to the extent, this is permitted by applicable law.
We collect your personal data via email, via phone, in person at interviews and/or by any other method.
We do not seek to obtain special categories of personal data prescribed by the EU General Data Protection Regulation. Special categories of personal data include ethnicity, health, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation etc.
Purpose and legal basis for use of your Personal data
We process your personal data for recruitment purposes, in particular for:
- identifying and evaluating your suitability for the available position;
- determining your qualifications for employment;
- verifying the data submitted by you and carrying out reference checks and/or conducting background checks (where applicable);
- informing you about the progress of the recruitment process;
- preparing job offer an employment contract, in case of a successful application, and for fulfilling onboarding activities;
- informing you about other vacancies at Scoro that we consider suitable for you to applicate for;
- protecting our rights and fulfilling our legal obligations;
- business management and administrative purposes, including maintaining our IT systems, record-keeping, improving our recruitment and business practices.
The legal basis for processing your personal data is the legitimate interest for recruitment and management purposes (clauses (1) up to (4) and (7) to (8)), for preparing and performance of the contract (clause (5)), for compliance with our legal obligation (clause (7)), and on the basis of your consent (clause (6)).
Your personal data may be accessed by Scoro employees and third-party service providers (“Service Provider”), such as:
- recruiters, interviewers and management working in the country of location of available position in Scoro;
- licensors and maintainers of IT systems, technical support staff;
- consultants that may assist us in recruiting talent, administering and evaluating pre-employment screening and testing, and improving our recruiting practices.
Transfer of your personal data
However, we only transfer and store your personal data outside the EU where we have a lawful basis to do so, including to a recipient who is: (i) in a country which provides an adequate level of protection for personal data (in the US if the recipient company is certified under the Privacy Shield); or (ii) under an instrument which covers the EU requirements for the transfer of personal data outside the EU.
If you accept an offer of employment by us, any relevant personal data collected during your pre-employment period will become part of your personal records and will be retained in accordance with specific country requirements.
If we do not employ you, we may nevertheless continue to retain and use your personal data for a period of time (which may vary depending on the country) for system administration purposes, to consider you for potential future roles, and to perform research. Thereafter, we retain a minimum amount of your personal data to record your recruiting activity with us.
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- the right of access to your personal data
- right to rectification of your personal data
- right to withdraw your consent given for the processing of personal data
- right to erasure of your personal data („right to be forgotten“)
- right to the restriction of processing
- right to object to the processing of your personal data
- right to data portability
- file a complaint with a supervisory authority
If you would like to make a request or have a question about personal data we have collected about you, please contact our data protection officer.