28 Useful Smartsheet Alternatives for Every Team (Competitors List)
Smartsheet is a great work execution platform for teams of different sizes to plan, manage, automate and report collaborative work. It combines a familiar spreadsheet format with work management and collaboration capabilities and includes projects and task lists, customer information, and sales pipelines, to name a few.
However, for teams looking for software that offers an end-to-end solution, there might be other alternatives to consider. For one, Smartsheet doesn’t provide a full set of project management features, nor does it currently offer any time tracking feature. As such, if you need to manage all aspects of your projects and/or business in one place, there are some great alternatives to consider. To make the decision process easier for you, we have gathered together our best picks. Check out their top features, pricing, and find a solution that fits all your business needs!
Every Smartsheet alternative listed here:
✨ Has a set of unique features that stand out from other tools
? Is a trustworthy provider, with regular updates and high security
? Is relatively easy to use with reasonably short setup time
Work Management Software
These more comprehensive solutions are the best option for teams that prefer to manage the majority (if not all) of their work in a single platform. This way, everyone will have a better overview of the projects and there is no need to shuffle between dozens of different apps and software.
Scoro is a powerful end-to-end solution that combines all the features you might need to manage your business. It includes projects & tasks, contact management, quotes, team collaboration, billing, and reporting.
- Manage every aspect of your project on one page (including time spent & billed, planned tasks & meetings, invoices and expenses, comments and files).
- Allocate billable and non-billable work and see how your team is doing in real-time.
- Create budgets for projects and compare these against actual results.
- Track your company’s performance and important KPIs on a beautiful dashboard with real-time data.
What’s special about this tool: Scoro helps to streamline your entire work progress, so you don’t need to use a lot of different tools for every task. All your essential information is stored in one central place.
Pricing: From $26 user/month
ProofHub is a SaaS-based work management software that offers a replacement for conventional emailing and other tools, bringing project management and team collaboration under one roof.
- Assigned user roles
- Online team discussions and chats
- Reporting and tracking project history
- Secure file storage
- Task delegation and assignments
What’s special about this tool: ProofHub has a well-designed user interface that helps the team to collaborate more efficiently.
Pricing: From $45/month (up to 40 projects) to $150/month (unlimited projects)
Mavenlink is a work management software that brings your project management, time tracking and resource planning together into one solution.
- Customizable templates
- Project and task management
- Resource planning
- Time & expense tracking
What’s special about this tool: Create project templates that you can reuse after a successful project.
Pricing: From $39 month/user for teams
Asana combines elements of project management, file storage, and collaboration and helps to manage projects across a team without the need for endless email threads.
- Break your work down into projects and tasks
- Share projects with your team
- Assign tasks to team members
- Get notified of projects updates
- Use a mobile app to access Asana from everywhere.
What’s special about this tool: Asana is an easy-to-use tool perfect for small teams with not too complex projects.
Pricing: Free for up to 15 members, Premium from $10.99 user/month
Check out this Asana alternative!
Celoxis offers comprehensive project portfolio management software for enterprises.
- Advanced scheduling
- Interactive Gantt charts
- Project tracking
- Financial management
- Reporting analytics
- Different custom field types
What’s special about this tool: Celoxis offers both SaaS and On-Premise options for teams based on their specific needs.
Pricing: From $21.25 user/month for cloud solution, $450/user for on-premise solution
Bitrix24 offers a complete suite of social collaboration, communication and management tools for your team.
- Social intranet for internal communication
- Gantt charts
- Employee workload management
- Customer relationship management
- Telephone integration
What’s special about this tool: Bitrix24 has a broad set of features, from traditional project management to integrated telephone and HR system, or internal email.
Pricing: Free plan, paid plans with more storage from $48.30 per month
Everything about your business, one click away
Project Management Software
In case you are only looking for an excellent project management solution, then it might be worth your time to check out the following alternatives.
Zoho project management software equips you with all the tools you need to create, collaborate, and communicate with your teams.
- Manage and organize projects with milestones and task lists.
- Manage files in the cloud from your phone or tablet
- Collaborate seamlessly with your team and clients with the collaboration tool.
- Use Gantt chart for a better overview.
What’s special about this tool: Zoho projects can be integrated with other Zoho bundles such as CRM, Finance, and Recruit for better work management.
Pricing: Free plan available, paid plans from $24 user/month
Check out these Zoho Alternatives for business management!
8. Microsoft Project
Microsoft Project helps to streamline the project, resource, and portfolio management. Integrated planning tools help you keep track of projects and stay organized.
- Project scheduling & costing
- Resource management
- Reporting & business intelligence
- Built-in project templates
- Project timelines
What’s special about this tool: Microsoft Project provides you with templates and shortens the time you spend on putting things in place.
Pricing: From $8.25 a month/user
Teamweek is a timeline-based project management tool that gives a quick and accurate overview of your team’s work and upcoming projects.
- Simple Gantt-chart interface
- Shared calendar for scheduling upcoming tasks and meetings
- Overview of your team’s schedule to deliver projects on time
- Drag-and-drop task management
- Forecasting for new clients and projects.
What’s special about this tool: Teamweek serves as an add-on to more comprehensive project management tools, making time-scheduling super easy.
Pricing: Free plan for up to 5 people, paid plans from $35/month
Insightly is first and foremost a CRM tool for teams that includes a set of different project and business management features.
- Manage leads, contacts, organizations, partners, vendors and suppliers
- Track project activity and performance against milestones
- Look at your business with task dashboard, activity sets, reports, etc.
What’s special about this tool: Insightly CRM is tailored for any level of experience – from first time CRM users to sales experts.
Pricing: From $29 month/user for teams
JIRA is a cross-platform issue and bug tracking software with advanced project management capabilities and features.
- Create user stories and issues, plan sprints
- Distribute tasks across your software team.
- Prioritize and discuss your team’s work
- Centralize your team communication
- See real-time reporting on your team’s work
What’s special about this tool: JIRA is designed for software development teams, making it the perfect IT project management tool.
Pricing: Starting from $8 per month (up to 10 users)
GanttPRO is a cloud-based task & productivity manager that expands on the basic premise of a Gantt chart, offering enhanced visualization and functionality that suits a variety of business processes.
- Deadlines and milestones
- Bulk change requests
- SSO/SAML sign-on
- Multi-factor authentication
What’s unique about it: GanttPro offers an intuitive timeline visualization, so you never lose any detail.
Pricing: Free version available, paid plans from $8.90 user/month
Paymo offers a simple yet powerful tool bringing together project management, work reporting, and time billing.
- Billing customers for completed tasks
- Dashboard to see your team’s performance
- Integrated project accounting
- Tracking the time spent on tasks and projects
- Thorough work reports
What’s special about this tool: With Paymo Plus, you can automate your time tracking completely. All you need to do is download the desktop app, let it track your PC usage, and at the end of each day, categorize all your time entries.
Pricing: Free and paid plans from $9.56 user/month
Collaboration & Team Management Software
These six alternatives add considerable value to teams that are looking for an effective way to collaborate with their team.
Basecamp is the preferred tool for project management teams who enjoy its modern social media-like interface and carefree team collaboration features.
- Projects to manage multiple users’ work
- Message boards for discussing new projects or ideas
- In-app collaboration with the team
- Reporting on project performance
- Separate dashboard for showing to clients
- Email and desktop notifications
What’s special about this tool: Compared to many other project management alternatives, Basecamp doesn’t charge you per person. It also has exclusive deals for teachers, students and non-profits.
Price: $99/month for unlimited users
Check out this Basecamp alternative!
LiquidPlanner is a collaboration tool that combines project management and time-tracking, making it easier to communicate with team members and share ideas.
- Estimating a realistic range of time to complete tasks
- Commenting on tasks and schedule
- Task-specific collaboration boards
- Resource management/scheduling screen
- Adding notes to projects
What’s special about this tool: LiquidPlanner has an interesting methodology for project management – it helps teams to set realistic deadlines based on best-case and worst-case scenarios.
Pricing: From $45 user/month (minimum 5 users)
Podio is a flexible and highly customizable social work platform for work and team communication.
- Assign tasks, attach files and discuss details within the solution
- Share encrypted & large files
- Automate the sales pipelines, project budget tracking, and more
- Get an overview of the company with visual dashboards
- Automate your workflows
What’s special about this tool: Podio enables you to add if-this-then-that logic to Podio apps. For example, instruct your app to create a task or comment, when an item is created, or a particular update is made.
Pricing: From 19.20$ month/user for a full suite of features
Slack is the perfect collaboration tool for teams who need to be in constant communication.
- Team communication and chat
- Integrate with Google Drive or Dropbox to share files
- Set up reminders
- Highlight words to be notified as they appear in conversations
- Use @everyone tag to send a message to the entire team
What’s special about this tool: In addition to popular chatting features, Slack has many shortcuts and hacks that help to increase the productivity levels of your team collaboration.
Pricing: Free plan available, paid plans from $6.90 user/month
Avaza is a simple project management tool that lets you collaborate on projects with both your team and customers. Besides, you’ll be able to track your time and bill your customers.
- Task management on a cardboard-style interface
- Automatic task reminders
- Flexible time tracking and timesheet approvals
- Sending quotes & invoices in moments
What’s special about this tool: Each project in Avaza has a user-friendly email address. Simply forward emails from your Avaza-registered email address to instantly convert these into tasks.
Pricing: Start free with up to 5 projects, $39.95 for unlimited projects
ActiveCollab is a project management and collaboration tool that helps your team stay organized in your daily work.
- Time tracking and invoicing
- Gantt-like timeline for planning
- Kanban cards
- Creating tasks with multiple users and deadlines
- A shared team calendar for collaboration
What’s interesting about this tool: ActiveCollab includes many beneficial collaboration features such as file sharing, subscriptions, reminders and project notes, real-time communication and discussions.
Pricing: From $6.25 user/month for annual billing
Runrun.it was primarily developed for companies that need an end to end operational devices. The software enables companies to manage processes, projects, and tasks with its complete work management forum. The businesses can have insights into all projects, tasks and processes in a commonplace and enable them to implement daily operational standardization.
Additionally, the user can view the time spent on each task by using Al powered widgets. If something is going to be delayed, the Al warns you, thus, making it easy to decide the next step. The tasks and projects are standardized using tailored templates, making it easy to plan the next course of action. Runrun.it lets consumers centralize all the communication and integration using instant messaging and file-sharing tools. The software is available on mobile devices via Android and iOS devices. It is simple and establishes employee engagement with little to no training.
- Project and task templates that ensure standardization and the planned progress
- Android and iOS apps are available
- It utilizes Kanban boards and customized cash boards
- Allows file sharing
- Instant messaging that generates effective communication between the teams
What’s interesting about this tool: This software can track the progress of projects and tasks across many Kanban boards utilizing customized filters.
The main objective of Hive is to enhance work productivity. Its developers set out to bridge the gap between the tools employees love to use to improve productivity and the ones the leaders need. Hive can boost workplace productivity for the organization of distinct sizes and types. It is one of the best productivity platforms for insights and centralized workflow management.
Hive features powerful project and process management tools that enable employees to work remotely. This software option enables employees to manage their projects effortlessly by tailoring the platform to match their interests and work needs.
- Project and task management
- Online communication
- Assign and delegate tasks within the team
- Flexible working conditions
- Team collaboration
What’s interesting about this tool: The platform eases communication among employees by sending direct messages and chatting through various groups. Also, you can attach images and documents directly to messages or texts.
This customer-oriented software aims to save time and increase productivity in business processes. Taimer enables users to be tuned and in control of their ventures and projects, even when on the move. It has a good user experience; an employer can assign tasks and track work, and show the available time in the coming days. The software integrates several business functions in a single application.
The software tool helps in managing limitless projects and integrating with other teams. Also, it uses ready-made invoice templates and easily adds your expenses or receipts by your phone’s camera. The software has several pricing packages, and users can select a package that satisfies their needs and suits their pockets. Additionally, it has a 14-day free trial mode with no need for a credit card.
- Time tracking
- Time logging
- Expenses on the move
- Accounting software integrations
- Productivity integrations, for example, Google outlook and Calendar
What’s interesting about this tool: Taimer’s main functions include project management, task manager, invoice maker, customer relations management, time tracking and logging, expense and billing software etc.
It is a project management tool that minimizes project development cycles and enhances team productivity by integrating all essential project management features into a single software. Nifty software leads to milestone-driven progress that will enable teams to stay motivated and ensure the company’s goals remain on schedule and in sight. The software lets you manage tasks through Kanban board or list view, and it has a built-in calendar that can be collaborated with Google and comprises file and document sharing.
Integrating on Nifty is simple since each project has an individual discussion thread encouraging project-specific communication. It also collaborates with GitHub, making Nifty exceptional by establishing cross-departmental integration. The cloud-based software is simple, and its collaborative abilities are a game-changer for various organizations. The Nifty team offers customer support to its users if they face any difficulties.
- Online team discussions and chats
- Task delegation and assignment
- Time tracking
- Secure file and document storage
- Project portfolios
What’s interesting about this tool: Nifty delivers, monitors, and controls essential online activities of projects effectively. The project members can communicate instantly, and also, the software’s UX and UI designs are excellent.
It is a project management software and collaboration tool for organizational flow. It enables organizations to do what they excel at; making game-changer products and services. This software tool allows you to generate persuasive reports that amass data from multiple teams and projects, letting you boost the way you work incessantly. Favro is characterized by built-in support for Kanban board or Scrum, and it is entirely customized. Any individual is free to develop a plan and track its progress to enable them to obtain their goals. The software tool utilizes a decentralized design; the application scales from a small team in a founder’s garage to huge companies with multiple teams.
The Favro interface is designed to display many boards on a single screen to visualize all the company’s workflows. Automation to save time and tasks is projected in various workflow boards to track distinct ongoing projects. Its pricing commences from $34 for five users.
- Planning and tracking projects
- Time tracking
- Has inbuilt Kanban or Scrum
- It has a decentralized design
- It is a collaborative tool
What’s interesting about this tool: It tracks the progress of the project at each level with collective summaries. Additionally, the software tool helps users plan projects of any size with ease by utilizing multi-select, drag or drop and indent or outdent.
TimeHero is a work management tool that makes it easy to automatically plan the perfect time to attend to daily projects and tasks. The application will find time in your calendar to schedule your to-do list, events or an entire project.
It can pinpoint risky tasks and overloaded team members within no time. Thus, there are no check-ins or update meetings required. It also reallocates tasks and adjusts workflow such that your team never misses a deadline. TimeHero is the best selection for small and medium-sized companies, enterprises or consultants. It has a seven-day free trial, and its pricing begins from $4.00 monthly per user.
- Business process automation
- Calendar management
- Compliance tracking
- Document management and file sharing
- Mobile accessibility
What’s interesting about this tool: The app can reorganize your schedule to meet deadlines and add in novel tasks or meetings as they come up. It notifies you if something is going off track as it shows you when projects are derailing and gives you the tools to get them back on track.
Meisterplan is a strategic, high-level planning tool for resource and project portfolio management. It is people-centric, and it enables effective organizational executions. The platform is characterized by a lean and highly visual software solution that facilitates portfolio-level decision-making on priorities, timing, allocations and capacities, alignment and the creation of unparalleled visibility. Meisterplan is one of the quickest tools to implement, easiest to use, and can scale with your business from a single team to multiple teams.
Considering that managing people in a portfolio is the most challenging thing facing organizations, Meisterplan helps bring the people together to work on things accurately and at the perfect timing. It employs a realistic and long term resource planning of your roles, experts and employees. Meisterplan provides three software editions to ensure you only pay for what you need. The edition comprises basic, pro and premium. It has a free trial, and its start pricing is $7,000 per year.
- It utilizes the Kanban board.
- Scenario planning – this software tool utilizes what-if scenario planning to come up with the best plan alternative.
- Project ranking and scoring – it automatically prioritizes and ranks your projects based on their scores and the tailored criteria.
- Milestone tracking – you will be able to view project phases and significant project events.
- Portfolio management – minimize complexity by utilizing a portfolio to filter just the projects you need to view.
What’s interesting about this tool: It helps you make informed decisions on your portfolio and provide solutions to problems you face with a real-time view. Meisterplan has the best features for a portfolio manager, such as scenario planning, real-time analysis and project prioritization.
Synergist is a project management tool that works perfectly for small and large companies. It is a complete end to end network; all the details you need to attend to your projects are available within a single system. It enables you to have a general overview of the layout, and it allows its users to track costs and budgets and allocate and manage resources swiftly and efficiently. The software allows its users to view the complete project picture comprising how the data has been generated.
For this reason, you will be able to identify anomalies in the details supplied, over-servicing, slipping projects and patterns for future reference. Synergist is a single system that provides several functionalities that include expense and time recording, job project costing, scheduling, capacity planning tools, accounts integration, job and project tracking and customer relations management.
- Accounts system integration.
- Reporting- enables you to get the facts needed to make intelligent business decisions and continuously improve your performance.
- Drag and drop scheduling; the tool is easy to use and view.
- Mobile applications availability – users can use it on android and iOS devices.
- The purchases and expenses management feature enable you to accurately track costs against a client or job.
What’s interesting about this tool: Synergist makes project management simpler, easy and more efficient. Synergist cloud is fully cross-platform and offers a browser interface and app. Thus, it is available on Android and iOS.
CMAP is a cloud-based tool that features integrations to bring your team and remote workers together, allowing them to collaborate and deliver projects efficiently. The tool enables global businesses to operate dynamically, seamlessly and efficiently. Additionally, it helps companies with job costing, billing and resource planning, CRM and time tracking. This project management tool can be utilized by firms of all sizes ranging from small to large.
CMAP has an accessible unified system that stores all the information and generates functionalities. This software tool gets rid of all the spreadsheets and separate software packages. CMAP is easy to use, and it is flexible such that you have the freedom to manage your projects any way you wish as it solves your problems.
- Microsoft Outlook integration – enables the users to receive opportunities right in their inboxes.
- Reporting feature – CMAP offers an extensive view of clients that involves a breakdown of past, present and future projects and performance data that shows the success of your projects.
- Inbuilt CRM enables you to view the full picture of the projects and data.
- Centralized contact database – CMAP ensures the data is secure and accessible.
- Cross-sell additional services – the sale matrix enables you to take proactive steps to promote relevant services and generate new opportunities.
What’s interesting about this tool: It also integrates with other tools such as accounting and finance, MS teams and outlook, BI tools, advanced API and document management to streamline the process by eliminating duplications and minimizing risks.