17 Best Time Management Tools You Need to Check Out
SHOULD YOU use a time management tool? If you’re constantly juggling deadlines, resources, and deliverables, then there’s a high chance you would benefit from dedicated time management software. We tested and reviewed the best time management tools that can help to keep you and your team on track.
Find yours, and boost your productivity day by day!
Scoro gives you all the tools you need for efficient time management, including time tracking, billing, work reporting, project & task management.
- Track both actual and billable time and transfer the hours to an invoice
- Automate late invoice reminders, scheduled and recurring invoicing
- Email invoices to clients based on the hours worked
- Extensive project, task, and client management
- Reporting on work, sales performance, budgets, etc.
Pricing: From $26 user/month
Get Scoro here.
2. Active Collab
Active Collab combines time billing with project management, making it easier to plan and track creative projects. Moreover, this tool provides features for team collaboration and real-time communication.
- Creating tasks with multiple users and deadlines
- Filtering tasks by users, dates, and labels
- Commenting on tasks and mentioning colleagues
- Gantt-like timeline for planning
- A shared team calendar for collaboration
- Time tracking and sending invoices
What’s interesting about this tool: Active Collab improves the team’s collaboration and makes it more fun. Every user can set a custom theme for their platform for quick personalization.
Pricing: From $25/month for 5 users
ProofHub is a versatile project management system used by leading organizations like NASA, Disney, Taco Bell and many more. This all-in-one tool comes packed with powerful features to eliminate the need of having too many different tools to run your business.
- Online proofing software saves a lot of time during the feedback-sharing process
- Makes task-management less stressful for teams
- Get a visual picture of projects using Gantt charts in ProofHub
- Also available as a mobile app for Android and iOS users.
Pricing: From $45/month
Clarizen‘s cloud-based project management software has a single goal: to help move your business forward.
- Unlimited number of projects
- Automated and repeatable processes, alerts and workflows
- Social collaboration
- Budget tracking & expense management
What’s special about this tool: Clarizen offers configurable workflows – customize Clarizen to fit how your enterprise does business, not the opposite.
Pricing: From $60 user/month
Harvest is one of the best-known time and billing tools on the market. With its simple interface and light feature-set, Harvest makes it super easy to track time and bill your clients accordingly.
- Creating estimates and invoices based on the time worked
- Time tracking from any browser, Mac, iPhone, or Android
- Integrations for tracking time across all your favorite project management tools
- Real-time reports on time spent
What’s interesting about this tool: Harvest is focused on doing one thing and doing it well.
Pricing: From $12 /month + $10/month for each additional user
Toggl is a no-hassle time tracking software that integrates with tens of different project management systems. It is the perfect add-on to your existing tools, helping you to be more productive throughout the day.
- Unlimited projects and sub-projects for accurate time tracking
- Reports featuring team progress
- Online & offline time tracking
Pricing: From $9 user/month
Replicon is a comprehensive multi-feature solution that helps companies to track the time spent on work and bill their clients for finished projects.
- Time tracking and time sheets
- Multiple billing rates for different users
- Project budgeting and expense management
- Analytics on time usage
What’s interesting about this tool: Replicon appeals to large organizations, looking to manage their employees’ time more efficiently. The tool helps to get a comprehensive overview of every minute spent at work.
Pricing: From $20 user/month
Everything about your business, one click away
Timecamp uses time-tracking for billing clients, measuring project profitability, or paying employees at the end of the month.
- Automatic billable & non-billable time tracking
- Integrated payment getaway
- Budgeting in $ or time
- Powerful reporting
- Mobile & desktop apps
What’s interesting about this tool: In addition to billing clients, Timecamp makes it easy to also calculate income based on time worked.
Pricing: Free Solo plan (one user), from $6 user/month for larger teams
Bill4Time is a very comprehensive cloud-based time billing software. It simplifies your billing, helps you recover lost revenue, and lets you track time and expenses from anywhere.
- Track billable and non-billable time
- Get daily, weekly and monthly work summaries
- Client portal
- Invoicing and online payment options
- Extensive reporting on accounting, projects, etc.
What’s interesting about this tool: Bill4time offers an extensive set of reports about the team’s productivity, project profitability, and much more.
Pricing: From $30/month + $10 for each user
Nutcache is an all-in-one project management tool that includes time tracking and invoicing features. It is meant for small teams that bill their clients on a project basis and are looking to plan their time more efficiently.
- Time tracking and billing
- Expense management
- Linking projects and finished tasks to clients
What’s interesting about this tool: Nutcache has an easy-to-use user interface, excellent for team collaboration.
Pricing: Free up to 20 users (limited features), from $6 user/month for larger teams and more features
Hubstaff helps to track the time spent on work as well as your team’s leisure time. It’s a great option for organizations looking to track all the time spent at work (not just the time spent on tasks).
- Tracking the time spent on tasks with screenshots
- Billing clients for projects
- Reporting on the team’s time usage
- Emailing custom reports to clients
- Making payments to employees based on the time worked
What’s interesting about this tool: In addition to the time worked, Hubstaff also tracks the time spent on various websites and desktop applications. You will get reports on your team’s time usage and can monitor how they spend their time.
Pricing: From $49/month for 10 users
Freckle‘s mission is to make time tracking fast, easy, and almost fun so that your team would do it with pleasure.
- Time tracking
- Invoicing and billing for the time worked
- Dashboard that shows your time expenditure
- Categorizing people and running reports
- Mac timer app, iPhone app, mobile web app
What’s interesting about this tool: Freckle uses tags to track projects and to navigate between billable and non-billable tasks. This makes adding time entries a quick and easy process.
Pricing: From $49/month for 5 users
13. Teamwork Projects
Teamwork lets you estimate the time you think you’ll need to complete tasks and then log your actual time against it. Soon you’ll become very accurate in your estimates, and you’ll know exactly how long it takes to complete certain tasks!
- Estimating and tracking time spent on a project
- Sending invoices based on the time worked
- Custom time reports with export options
- Tracking time on the go
What’s interesting about this tool: The invoicing feature in Teamwork isn’t as strong as in some other tools, but it integrates with all your favourite billing tools, such as QuickBooks, Harvest, Xero, etc.
Pricing: From $24/month
Bric is a time billing software built with analytics at its core. They provide insights on what the future holds in order to create budgets, plan hires, and monitor how people are spending their time.
- Configurable time tracking
- User roles & rates
- Utilization reports
What’s interesting about this tool: In addition to extensive time billing features, Bric has a set of project planning & management features.
Pricing: $7 month/user
Avaza time tracker lets you start a timer on your phone, stop it on your tablet or any other device, and always keep track of the hours spent on a particular task.
- Time tracking on the go
- Time entries on invoices
- Timesheet approvals
- Expense tracking
What’s interesting about this tool: In addition to time tracking & billing, Avaza offers a list of automation, and project management features.
Pricing: Free for up to 5 projects, from $9.95 for larger teams
Asana combines elements of project management, file storage, and collaboration, and helps to manage projects across a team without email.
- Break your work down into tasks, and assign it to team members
- Organize your tasks into projects for roadmaps and timelines
- Review milestones, and check on your team’s progress
- Get notified about projects updates
- Use project dashboards to get a quick overview
What’s special about this tool: Asana is a really easy-to-use tool with a simple layout. If you’re a small team with not too complex projects, check it out.
Price: Free for up to 15 members, Premium from $8.33 user/month
Trello is known for visualizing project tasks on a cardboard-like dashboard that’s great fo managing short and quick everyday assignments.
- Simple task management on a cardboard
- Creating unlimited task lists
- Image and file sharing
- Organising lists by dates or priority
- Commenting and collaboration
What’s special about this tool: From startups to Fortune 500 companies, Trello is the most visual way for teams to collaborate on any project.
Pricing: Free for personal use, $9.99 user/month for businesses
Check out this Trello alternative!
Everything about your business, one click away