22 Best WorkflowMax Alternatives for Project Management
WORKFLOWMAX is well-known, Xero-owned project management software. It offers a variety of useful features such as time tracking, quoting, invoicing, but it is lacking project management features that most small businesses need: expense tracking, recurring invoices, task collaboration, etc. According to customer reviews, WorkflowMax’s user interface is also not that easy to operate.
It’s a good idea to try different software, and to keep an eye out for possible alternatives that may improve your business results drastically. There are plenty of WorkflowMax alternatives – below you can find 22 of our best picks. Check out their top features, pricing, and find a solution fit for your business!
Every WorkflowMax alternative listed here:
- Is relatively easy to use with optimal setup time
- Has unique features that stand out from other project management tools
- Is by a trustworthy provider, with regular updates and high security
Scoro is a comprehensive solution that combines all the features you might need in project management software: projects & tasks, contact management, quotes, team collaboration, billing, and reporting.
- Projects with sub-tasks and deadlines
- Real-time KPI dashboard
- Team collaboration, shared calendar & meeting scheduling
- Contact management
- Time tracking and billing for work
- Detailed reports on project progress and finances
- Quoting and invoicing with pre-set templates
What’s special about this tool: Scoro helps to streamline your entire work progress, so you don’t need to use a lot of different tools for every task. All your important information is stored in one central place, and you’ll get a complete overview of every aspect of your business. If you’re looking for a powerful solution – Scoro is definitely worth trying out!
Pricing: From $22 user/month
Asana combines elements of project management, file storage, and collaboration and helps to manage projects across a team without email.
- Break your work down into tasks, and assign it to team members
- Organize your tasks into projects for roadmaps and timelines
- Review milestones, and check on your team’s progress
- Get notified of projects updates
- Use project dashboards to get a quick overview
What’s special about this tool: Asana is a really easy-to-use tool with a simplistic layout. If you’re a small team with not too complex projects, check it out.
Pricing: Free for up to 15 members, Premium from $8.33 user/month
Check out this Asana alternative!
Basecamp is the preferred tool for thousands of project management teams, who enjoy its modern social media-like interface and carefree team collaboration features.
- Projects to manage multiple users’ work
- Message boards for discussing new projects or ideas
- In-app collaboration with the team
- Reporting on project performance
- Separate dashboard for showing to clients
- Email and desktop notifications
What’s special about this tool: Basecamp is free for teachers and students!
Price: $99/month for unlimited users
4. MICROSOFT PROJECT
Microsoft Project helps to streamline project, resource, and portfolio management. This project tool is used by 20+ million users.
- Project scheduling & costing
- Resource management
- Reporting & business intelligence
- Built-in project templates
- Project timelines
What’s special about this tool: Microsoft Project provides you with templates and shortens the time you spend on putting things in place.
Pricing: From $30 month/user for cloud platform, from $1,159 for on-premise software (for one PC)
Check out this Microsoft Project alternative!
Smartsheet is excellent for managing and automating collaborative work.
- Project plans and schedule
- Program rollups
- Resource management
- Budget tracking
- Strategic planning
What’s special about this tool: Smartsheet is trusted by over 50% of the Fortune 500.
Pricing: From $15 month/user for teams
Check out this Smartsheet alternative!
Trello is known for visualising project tasks on a cardboard-like dashboard that’s great for managing short and quick everyday assignments.
- Simple task management on a cardboard
- Creating unlimited task lists
- Image and file sharing
- Organising lists by dates or priority
- Commenting and collaboration
What’s special about this tool: From startups to Fortune 500 companies, Trello is the most visual way for teams to collaborate on any project.
Pricing: Free for personal use, $9.99 user/month for businesses
Check out this Trello alternative!
WorkBook is a software suite for project and resource management, CRM, collaboration and file sharing, forecasting & accounting.
- Project and tasks lists
- Gantt charts
- Sales pipeline
- Client portal
- Financial features like budgets, forecasts, and automatic billing
What’s special about this tool: Not all clients have the same needs. WorkBook lets you choose exactly what modules that suit your needs and only pay for what you use.
Pricing: $19 user/month, minimum 30 users
WORKetc has integrated CRM, projects, billing, helpdesk, reporting, and collaboration.
- Link timesheets, documents, discussions, notes, contacts and more to your projects
- Manage complex project budgets
- Automatically capture and invoice all revenue activities across all departments
- Use live support, web forms, and email to capture support tickets
What’s special about this tool: By integrating support cases directly inside of all areas of WORKetc, you can ensure the customer is always looked after. Suddenly your salespeople are talking with your customer support people, and project issues can be assigned to the right person.
Pricing: From $49 user/month (first 3 users $65/month)
Check out this WORKetc alternative!
Paymo offers a simple yet powerful tool bringing together project management, work reporting, and time billing.
- Tracking the time spent on tasks and projects
- Thorough work reports
- Dashboard to see your team’s performance
- Billing customers for completed tasks
- Integrated project accounting
What’s special about this tool: With Paymo Plus, you can automate your time tracking completely. All you need to do is download the desktop app, let it track your PC usage, and at the end of each day, categorise all your time entries.
Pricing: Free and paid plans from $9.56/ user/month
- Develop the project management plan estimating activity duration, create workflows
- Coordinate human and infrastructure resources
- Verify and control scope, identify change, apply corrective actions, inspect & update, calculate the ETC
- Use the Gantt Chart maker to represent the time and duration of the project’s work processes
- Track progress with timesheets
- Get updates via the KanBan board tool, monitoring the work progress and their just-in-time deliverables
What’s special about this tool: You can get quick updates via the KanBan board tool, monitoring the work progress and their just-in-time deliverables.
Pricing: Free and paid plans from $12 user/month
11. OUTPUT TIME
Output Time is simple project management software with emphasis on team collaboration.
- Flexible task management
- Project estimation tool and milestones
- Gantt Chart to visualise, and better plan your projects
- Time tracking and timesheets
- Expense tracking
What’s special about this tool: In addition to features such as time tracking, invoicing and expense tracking, Output Time has the team instant messenger feature. You also get an instant notification on each action of your Projects/Tasks over Output Messenger in real-time – this integration helps you and your team to stay up-to-date and avoid unnecessary confusions.
Pricing: Free and paid plans from $4 user/month
12. WORKFRONT (PREVIOUSLY PROOF HQ)
Workfront’s work management software combines project management, work automation, and in-context collaboration to empower teams to do the right work and the best work.
- Project and Portfolio Management
- Resource Management
- Capacity Planning
- Gantt Charts
- Workflow Automation
- Real-time reporting
- Custom dashboards
What’s special about this tool: Workfront enables managers to plan and maximise resources to their optimal capacity. Managers can see where their teams are over- or under-utilised, and push what-if scenarios around their resources to ensure they are maximising the effectiveness of their teams.
Pricing: Paid plans from $480/year
Quire is a modern collaborative task management tool designed especially for teams to help them achieve their ideas by breaking them into step-by-step to-dos.
- Transparent all-in-one workspace
- Tree structure with unlimited tasks and subtasks
- Description, comments, start and due date & time, assignee, tags, priority, status for each task
- Real-time, instant collaboration
- Inviting external members and contributors
- Share projects with clients without them sign up
What’s special about this tool: The design of this software is really simple and pleasing to the eye – this makes it even easier to work with Quire.
Pricing: Quire is a free-to-use application, and offers no enterprise pricing plans for the moment.
Highrise is the just-right, more thoughtful way to keep track of the people, conversations, and tasks that are the lifelines of your business
- Store important emails
- Attach documents and files
- Control who sees what with easy privacy settings
- Keep track of important tasks
- Assign tasks to team members
What’s special about this tool: Highrise was designed to simplify your workflow, no more, no less – as simple as that!
Pricing: From $24/month for small teams, from $49/month for larger teams
Avaza is a simple project management tool that lets you collaborate on projects with both your team and customers. Also, you’ll be able to track your time and bill your customers.
- Task management on a cardboard-style interface
- Automatic task reminders
- Flexible time tracking and timesheet approvals
- Sending quotes & invoices in moments
What’s special about this tool: Each project in Avaza has a user-friendly email address. Simply forward emails from your Avaza-registered email address to instantly convert these into tasks.
Pricing: Start free with up to 5 projects, $39.95 for unlimited projects
ProofHub offers a replacement for conventional emailing and a bunch of other tools, integrating multiple project management features under one roof.
- Assigned user roles
- Online team discussions and chats
- Task delegating and assignments
- Reporting and tracking project history
- Secure file storage
What’s special about this tool: ProofHub has a simple and well-designed user interface that helps the team to collaborate more efficiently.
Pricing: From $20/month (up to 10 projects) to $150/month (unlimited projects)
17. ZOHO PROJECTS
Zoho Projects is one of the best-known tools for simple project management, that can help teams streamline their upcoming work and tasks.
- Task lists with multiple tasks and milestones
- Time tracking and timesheets
- Gantt charts to oversee project progress
- Document and file management
What’s special about this tool: Zoho projects can be integrated with Zoho CRM and other tools to manage almost every aspect of your agency in one system.
Pricing: Up to 20 projects $25/month, unlimited projects $99/month; CRM and other additional features come with an extra price.
Podio is a flexible and highly customisable online hub for work and team communication.
- Assign tasks, attach files and discuss details within the solution
- Share encrypted & large files
- Automate the sales pipelines, project budget tracking, and more
- Get an overview of the company with visual dashboards
- Automate your workflows
What’s special about this tool: Podio’s workflows feature enables you to add if-this-then-that logic to Podio apps. For example, instruct your app to create a task or comment, when an item is created or when a particular update is made to an item.
Pricing: From 24$ month/user for full suite of features
Bitrix24 offers a complete suite of social collaboration, communication and management tools for your team.
- Social intranet for internal communication
- Gantt charts
- Employee workload management
- Customer relationship management
- Telephone integration
What’s special about this tool: Bitrix24 has a large set of features, from traditional project management to integrated telephone and HR system, or internal email.
Pricing: Free plan, paid plans with more storage from $39/month
Check out this Bitrix24 Alternative!
Workzone was built by experienced ad execs who wanted to help agencies and creative teams get visibility into all of their work.
- Personalised, individual to-do lists
- Create subtasks and task dependencies
- Set permissions for certain users (including clients) to access projects, tasks and files
- Quickly see statuses with Gantt charts
- Assign people to more than one task
What’s special about this tool: Workzone has a lot of powerful features but is simpler to use than more complex tools.
Pricing: $24-$44 per month
ProWorkflow makes it a breeze to assign staff, track time or reschedule projects.
- Dashboard for an overview of your workload
- Allocate tasks
- View workload across teams
- Manage contacts
- Share files
- Manage invoices and quotes
What’s special about this tool: Convenient mobile application lets your track time, communicate, and complete tasks on the move.
Pricing: From $22 month/user for teams
Check out this ProWorkflow alternative!
JIRA is a cross-platform issue and bug tracking software with advanced project management capabilities and features.
- Create user stories and issues, plan sprints
- Distribute tasks across your software team.
- Prioritise and discuss your team’s work
- Centralise your team communication
- See real-time reporting on your team’s work
What’s special about this tool: JIRA is designed for software development teams, making it the perfect IT project management tool.
Pricing: Starting from $10/month (up to 10 users), $75/month for 15 users, $300/month for 50 users.
- How to Be a Kickass Project Manager
- Improve Your Project Management With Scoro in Six Steps
- The Ultimate Agency Project Management Checklist [Download]
Let us know about your experiences with WorkflowMax alternatives – leave your comments below!