21 Best Wrike Alternatives for Work Management
Wrike is a work management solution with an extensive set of features. It helps to gain visibility into your work and projects, simplify planning, enable collaboration, and streamline workflow. However, it’s not always the best solution for businesses looking for end-to-end work management software.
Whether you need more features such as quoting, billing or time tracking, or just a more agile and customizable solution – here’s a look at the best Wrike competitors on the market.
Check out their top features, pricing, and what’s special about them – and find a solution fit for your business.
Every Wrike alternative listed here:
💪 Has unique features that stand out from other business management tools
☝️ Is by a trustworthy provider, with regular updates and high security
👌 Is relatively easy to use with reasonably short setup time
Scoro is a comprehensive solution that combines all the features you might need to manage your business: projects & tasks, contact management, quotes, team collaboration, billing, and reporting.
- Get a complete overview of any project on one page, including time spent and billed, planned tasks and meetings, invoices and expenses, comments and files.
- Assign and delegate tasks within the team.
- See everyone’s schedule in a shared team calendar and know what they’re working on.
- Create a company-wide contact base, and manage them in a pipeline view for effective communication and billing.
- Compile and send quotes and invoices – and automate overdue reminders.
- Track your company’s performance and important KPIs on a beautiful dashboard with real-time data.
What’s special about this tool: Scoro helps to streamline your entire work progress, so you don’t need to use a lot of different tools for every task. All your important information is stored in one central place.
Pricing: From $26 user/month, with a 14-day free trial
ProofHub offers a replacement for conventional emailing and a bunch of other tools, integrating multiple project management features under one roof.
- Assigned user roles
- Online team discussions and chats
- Task delegating and assignments
- Reporting and tracking project history
- Secure file storage
What’s special about this tool: ProofHub has a simple and well-designed user interface that helps the team to collaborate more efficiently.
Pricing: From $20/month (up to 10 projects) to $150/month (unlimited projects)
Basecamp is the preferred tool for thousands of project management teams, who enjoy its modern interface and carefree team collaboration features.
- Projects to manage multiple users’ work
- Message boards for discussing new projects or ideas
- In-app collaboration with the team
- Reporting on project performance
- Separate dashboard for showing to clients
- Email and desktop notifications
What’s special about this tool: Basecamp is free for teachers and students!
Price: $99/month for unlimited users
ActiveCollab helps your team stay organized when communicating through email is just not enough anymore.
- Time tracking and invoicing
- Gantt-like timeline for planning
- Kanban cards
- Creating tasks with multiple users and deadlines
- A shared team calendar for collaboration
What’s interesting about this tool: ActiveCollab is especially great for collaboration, with functions like collaborative text editing and @mentions for communication.
Pricing: From $25/month for the cloud version, from $499 for the self-hosted version
Volerro offers most of the tools a team needs to work together while focusing mainly on communication tools.
- Conferencing tools, chat box
- Kanban-style project management
- Collaboration tools
- Image-markup tools
What’s special about this tool: Volerro is a little non-traditional as far as project management services go, in that it uses what it calls “boards” to contain different phases of a project.
Pricing: Free for up to 3 projects, starting from $7.99 user/month for business teams.
Insightly is a powerful CRM with a project and business management feature set.
- Manage leads, contacts, organizations, partners, vendors, and suppliers.
- Track project activity and performance against milestones.
- Look at your business any way you want with task dashboard, activity sets, reports and more.
What’s special about this tool: Insightly CRM is tailored for any level of experience – from first time CRM users to sales experts.
Pricing: From $15 month/user for teams
Favro is the planning and collaboration app for organizational flow. It helps organizations do what they excel at – making products and services that change the game.
- Plan projects of any size with ease by using multi-select, drag/drop and indent/outdent. Track progress at each level with aggregated summaries.
- Favro comes with built-in support for Kanban, Scrum and more, and is heavily customizable. Everyone is free to plan and track progress the way they want to reach their goals.
- A decentralized design means the app scales from a single team in a founder’s garage to large companies with hundreds of teams.
What’s special about this tool: Favro lets you build powerful reports that aggregate data from many teams and projects allowing you to improve the way you work continuously.
Pricing: From $34 month for 5 users (billed annually)
Clarizen‘s cloud-based project management software has a single goal: to help move your business forward.
- Unlimited number of projects
- Automated and repeatable processes, alerts and workflows
- Social collaboration
- Budget tracking & expense management
What’s special about this tool: Clarizen offers configurable workflows – customize Clarizen to fit how your enterprise does business, not the opposite.
Pricing: From $60 user/month
9. Copper Project
Copper Project simplifies work processes as an affordable, and invaluable executive tool, from large multi-national projects to small home-based ventures.
- Collaborative project and task views
- Project templates
- Task timers
- File sharing
Pricing: From $49/month
Smartsheet is excellent for managing and automating collaborative work.
- Project plans and schedule
- Program rollups
- Resource management
- Budget tracking
- Strategic planning
What’s special about this tool: Named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list of the world’s best cloud companies, customers like Netflix, Salesforce, the GSA, Google, and over half of the Fortune 500 use Smartsheet internally, with clients, and partners.
Pricing: From $15 month/user for teams
Check out this Smartsheet alternative!
Celoxis offers a comprehensive project management software for enterprises.
- Advanced scheduling
- Gantt charts
- Project tracking
- Financial management
- Reporting analytics
Pricing: From $25 user/month for cloud solution, $450/user for on-premise solution
12. Easy Project
Easy Project is easy, visual and intuitive project management software.
- Gantt chart
- Risk management
- Portfolio management
- Project templates
What’s special about this tool: Easy Project is a fit for a number of different industries, from IT & software development to education or voluntary projects.
Pricing: From $49/month for up to 10 users (billed annually)
Advantage is a project management software designed for a great user experience –clean interface and simple functionality.
- Manage time, tasks, and expenses
- Automate and expedite work
- Manage media
- Manage prospect and client activities
- Get thorough reports and forecasts
What’s special about this tool: Advantage is most suitable for agencies.
Pricing: Upon request
Part spreadsheet, part database, and entirely flexible, teams use Airtable to organize their work, their way.
- Airtable Blocks give you a creative palette of app-like functionality that you can mix and match to create the perfect workflow for your team.
- Get started fast with templates built by industry experts.
- Mobile and desktop apps make it easy to edit, comment, and collaborate in real time – changes are instantly synced across everyone’s devices.
- Powerful filtering, sorting, and grouping give you the freedom to arrange your work just the way you like. Choose the right views for your content, and save them for easy access at any time.
What’s special about this tool: Airtable fields can handle any content you throw at them. Add attachments, long text notes, checkboxes, links to records in other tables –even barcodes. Whatever you need to stay organized.
Pricing: Free and paid plans from $10 month/user (if paid annually)
Freedcamp will help you, whether you have wedding plans, organizing a camping trip or leading a work project. Working from home or at the office.
- Task lists & status management
- Shared team calendar
- Project templates
- Issue tracker
What’s special about this tool: Like sticky notes? You’re in luck! Freedcamp uses a Kanban board with sticky notes to manage tasks.
Pricing: Free plan, paid add-ons
16. Teamwork Projects
Teamwork Projects enhances team collaboration and helps creative teams to organize their work and tasks.
- Project planning on Gantt charts
- Time tracking and reporting
- Customizable features on each project
- Task lists with sub-tasks
- Milestone management
- Comprehensive user permissions
What’s special about this tool: Teamwork Projects is easy to use and packed with features. The tool integrates seamlessly with Teamwork.com’s other two products; Teamwork Desk and Teamwork Chat.
Pricing: From $49/month
Teamleader is a one-stop-shop for CRM, invoicing, and project management.
- Manage all contacts from one place, get a clear overview, and build better relationships.
- Schedule and track meetings, tasks and events for you or other team members.
- Send invoices automatically and effortlessly, and keep track of their status in an instant.
- Rapidly handle customer questions and deliver an outstanding customer experience.
- Manage projects at the click of a mouse, respect deadlines & budgets and collaborate as a team.
What’s special about this tool: Make and record calls directly from the CRM using just your internet connection: easy and hands-free.
Pricing: 21$ month/user (invoiced yearly)
Avaza is a simple project management tool that lets you collaborate on projects with both your team and customers. In addition, you’ll be able to track your time and bill your customers.
- Task management on a cardboard-style interface
- Automatic task reminders
- Flexible time tracking and timesheet approvals
- Sending quotes & invoices in moments
What’s special about this tool: Each project in Avaza has a user-friendly email address. Simply forward emails from your Avaza-registered email address to instantly convert these into tasks.
Pricing: Start free with up to 5 projects, $39.95/month for unlimited projects
ClickUp is a project management platform that’s focused on efficient task management. Built for teams of all sizes and industries, ClickUp’s fully customizable features make it a must-have for agile teams that want to keep everything from design to development in one intuitive place.
- 3 different views (Board, Box, List)
- Assign comments
- 52 customizable features for each project (Statuses, Assignees, ClickUps)
- Elegant hierarchy to keep projects simple as they grow
- Tools like ‘Smart Search’ and ‘Smart Estimates’ make you more productive over time
What’s special about this tool: ClickUp’s beautiful design and unprecedented user experience in an otherwise dull space echoes what Slack did to communication.
Pricing: Free for up to 100MB, Premium for $5 user/month
20. Microsoft Project
Microsoft Project helps to streamline project, resource, and portfolio management. This project tool is used by 20+ million users.
- Project scheduling & costing
- Resource management
- Reporting & business intelligence
- Built-in project templates
- Project timelines
Pricing: From $30 month/user for cloud platform, from $1,159 for on-premise software (for one PC)
Check out this Microsoft Project alternative!
LiquidPlanner eliminates outdated plans, missed deadlines, and surprises so your team can get more done.
- Do you know who’s available to work on your next project? LiquidPlanner’s Resource Workload reports show how much work is on each team member’s plate when they’re working on it, and if they need help.
- With everything in one place, you get instant insight into progress, risks, and budgets for all of your projects. Set expectations and share relevant information with the right audience.
- Make time tracking simple for your team with integrated timers and timesheets. Billing and pay rates quantify the return on your team’s time investments and help you make informed decisions.
What’s special about this tool: Analyze your rich store of real-time workspace data to gain valuable insights. Easily build reports that show the status of a single project or the health of your entire portfolio.
Pricing: From $45 month/user with an annual contract