22 Best Basecamp Alternatives for Project Management
Basecamp is the preferred tool for thousands of project management teams, who enjoy its modern social media-like interface and carefree team collaboration features. However, Basecamp is only limited to project management. In many customer reviews, it is mentioned that it lacks structure in certain areas and has some missing key features which create workflow issues.
In case you want to manage every aspect of your business in one place, including projects, sales, and finances, you have many other software options. It is worth considering Basecamp alternatives, and to make it easier for you, we have gathered together 21 of our best picks. Check out their top features, pricing, and find a solution that fits all your business needs!
Every Basecamp alternative listed here:
☑ Has unique features that stand out from other business management tools
☑ Is by a trustworthy provider, with regular updates and high security
☑ Is relatively easy to use with reasonably short setup time
Scoro is a comprehensive solution that combines all the features you might need in project management software: projects & tasks, contact management, quotes, team collaboration, billing, and reporting.
- Manage everything about a project on one page, including time spent and billed, planned tasks and meetings, invoices and expenses, comments and files
- Allocate billable and non-billable work and see how your team is doing, in real time
- Team collaboration, shared calendar & meeting scheduling
- Have detailed reports on project progress and finances
- Manage quoting and invoicing with pre-set templates
- Monitor real-time KPI dashboard
What’s special about this tool: Scoro helps to streamline your entire work progress, so you don’t need to use a lot of different tools for every task. All your important information is stored in one central place, and you’ll get a complete overview of every aspect of your business. If you’re looking for a powerful solution – Scoro is definitely worth trying out!
Pricing: From $26 user/month
Everything about your business, one click away
Asana combines elements of project management, file storage, and collaboration and helps to manage projects across a team without email.
- Break your work down into tasks and assign them to team members
- Organize your tasks into projects for roadmaps and timelines
- Review milestones, and check on your team’s progress
- Get notified of projects updates
- Use project dashboards to get a quick overview
What’s special about this tool: Asana is a really easy-to-use tool with a simplistic layout. If you’re a small team with not too complex projects, check it out.
Pricing: Free for up to 15 members, Premium from $9.99 user/month
Check out this Asana alternative!
WorkBook is a software suite for project and resource management, CRM, collaboration and file sharing, forecasting & accounting.
- Project and tasks lists
- Gantt charts
- Sales pipeline
- Client portal
- Financial features like budgets, forecasts, and automatic billing
What’s special about this tool: Not all clients have the same needs. WorkBook lets you choose precisely what modules that suit your needs and only pay for what you use.
Pricing: From $19 user/month for a basic plan
4. MICROSOFT PROJECT
Microsoft Project helps to streamline project, resource, and portfolio management. Integrated planning tools help you keep track of projects and stay organized.
- Project scheduling & costing
- Resource management
- Reporting & business intelligence
- Built-in project templates
- Project timelines
What’s special about this tool: Microsoft Project provides you with templates and shortens the time you spend on putting things in place.
Pricing: From $7 month/user for cloud platform, from $790 for on-premise software (for one PC)
Check out this Microsoft Project alternative!
WorkflowMax is a Xero-owned project management software that provides you with a variety of useful features such as quoting, timesheets, time tracking and invoicing.
- Visual leads management for tracking leads, proposals and sales pipeline
- Quote creating and revising
- Important dates and work allocation screen
- Flexible invoicing feature
- Reporting and tracking project history
What’s special about this tool: Workflowmax is a Xero-owned software that has very smooth integration with Xero Accounting.
Pricing: From $15 month/user for individual plans, from $49 month/user for business
Check out this WorkFlowMax alternative!
ProofHub offers a replacement for conventional emailing and a bunch of other tools, integrating multiple project management features under one roof.
- Assigned user roles
- Online team discussions and chats
- Task delegation and assignments
- Reporting and tracking project history
- Secure file storage
What’s special about this tool: ProofHub has a well-designed user interface that helps the team to collaborate more efficiently.
Pricing: From $45/month (up to 40 projects) to $150/month (unlimited projects)
Smartsheet is an excellent tool for teams to manage and automate collaborative work.
- Project plans and schedule
- Program rollups
- Resource management
- Budget tracking
- Strategic planning
What’s special about this tool: Smartsheet is trusted by over half of the Fortune 500.
Pricing: From $14 month/user for individual plans, from $25 month/user for business
Check out this Smartsheet alternative!
Paymo offers a simple yet powerful tool bringing together project management, work reporting, and time billing.
- Tracking the time spent on tasks and projects
- Thorough work reports
- Dashboard to see your team’s performance
- Billing customers for completed tasks
- Integrated project accounting
What’s special about this tool: With Paymo Plus, you can automate your time tracking completely. All you need to do is download the desktop app, let it track your PC usage, and at the end of each day, categorize all your time entries.
Pricing: Free and paid plans from $9.56 user/month
Trello is known for visualizing project tasks on a cardboard-like dashboard that’s great for managing short and quick everyday assignments.
- Simple task management on a cardboard
- Creating unlimited task lists
- Image and file sharing
- Organizing lists by dates or priority
- Commenting and collaboration
What’s special about this tool: From startups to Fortune 500 companies, Trello is the most visual way for teams to collaborate on any project.
Pricing: Free for personal use, $9.99 user/month for businesses
Check out this Trello alternative!
10. OUTPUT TIME
Output Time is a simple project management software with an emphasis on team collaboration.
- Flexible task management
- Project estimation tool and milestones
- Gantt Chart to visualize your projects
- Time tracking and timesheets
- Expense tracking
What’s special about this tool: In addition to features such as time tracking, invoicing and expense tracking, Output Time has the team instant messenger feature. You also get an instant notification on each action of your Projects/Tasks over Output Messenger in real-time – this integration helps you and your team to stay up-to-date and avoid unnecessary confusions.
Pricing: Free and paid plans from $4 user/month
WORKetc has integrated CRM, projects, billing, help desk, reporting, and collaboration.
- Link timesheets, documents, discussions, notes, contacts and more to your projects
- Manage complex project budgets
- Automatically capture and invoice all revenue activities across all departments
- Use live support, web forms, and email to capture support tickets
What’s special about this tool: By integrating support cases directly inside of all areas of WORKetc, you can ensure the customer is always looked after.
Pricing: From $49 user/month (first 3 users from $195/month)
Check out this WORKetc alternative!
Workfront combines project management, work automation, and in-context collaboration to empower teams to do the right work and the best work.
- Project and Portfolio Management
- Resource Management
- Capacity Planning
- Gantt Charts
- Workflow Automation
- Real-time reporting
- Custom dashboards
What’s special about this tool: Workfront enables managers to plan and maximize resources to their optimal capacity. Managers can see where their teams are over- or underutilized, and push what-if scenarios around their resources to ensure maximum effectiveness.
Pricing: Paid plans from $30 to $40 user/month
Quire is a modern collaborative task management tool designed especially for teams to help them achieve their ideas by breaking them into step-by-step to-dos.
- Transparent all-in-one workspace
- Tree structure with unlimited tasks and subtasks
- Description, comments, start and due date, assignee, tags, priority, status for each task
- Real-time, instant collaboration
- Inviting external members and contributors
- Share projects with clients without them sign up
What’s special about this tool: The design of this software is really simple and pleasing to the eye – this makes it even easier to work with Quire.
Pricing: Quire is a free-to-use application and offers no enterprise pricing plans for the moment.
Avaza is a simple project management tool that lets you collaborate on projects with both your team and customers. Also, you’ll be able to track your time and bill your customers.
- Task management on a cardboard-style interface
- Automatic task reminders
- Flexible time tracking and timesheet approvals
- Sending quotes & invoices in moments
What’s special about this tool: Each project in Avaza has a user-friendly email address. Simply forward emails from your Avaza-registered email address to instantly convert these into tasks.
Pricing: Free for up to 5 active projects, $39.99 user/month for unlimited projects
15. ZOHO PROJECTS
Zoho Projects is one of the best-known tools for simple project management helping teams streamline their upcoming work and tasks.
- Task lists with multiple tasks and milestones
- Time tracking and timesheets
- Gantt charts to oversee project progress
- Document and file management
What’s special about this tool: Zoho projects can be integrated with Zoho CRM and other tools to manage almost every aspect of your agency in one system.
Pricing: Up to 10 projects $20/month, unlimited projects $40/month
Podio is a flexible and highly customizable online hub for work and team communication.
- Assign tasks, attach files and discuss details within the solution
- Share encrypted & large files
- Automate the sales pipelines, project budget tracking, and more
- Get an overview of the company with visual dashboards
- Automate your workflows
What’s special about this tool: Podio’s workflows feature enables you to add if-this-then-that logic to Podio apps. For example, instruct your app to create a task or comment, when an item is created or when a particular update is made to an item.
Pricing: Free for up to 5 employees, $19.20/month for the full suite
Bitrix24 offers a complete suite of social collaboration, communication and management tools for your team.
- Social intranet for internal communication
- Gantt charts
- Employee workload management
- Customer relationship management
- Telephone integration
What’s special about this tool: Bitrix24 has a large set of features, from traditional project management to integrated telephone and HR system, or internal email.
Pricing: Free plan, paid plans with more storage from $39/month
Check out this Bitrix24 Alternative!
Workzone was built by experienced ad execs who wanted to help agencies and creative teams get visibility into all of their work.
- Personalized, individual to-do lists
- Create subtasks and task dependencies
- Set permissions for certain users (including clients) to access projects, tasks and files
- Quickly see statuses with Gantt charts
- Assign people to more than one task
What’s special about this tool: Workzone has a lot of powerful features but is simpler to use than more complex tools.
Pricing: From $24 month/user
ProWorkflow makes it a breeze to assign staff, track time or reschedule projects.
- Dashboard for an overview of your workload
- Allocate tasks
- View workload across teams
- Manage contacts
- Share files
- Manage invoices and quotes
What’s special about this tool: Convenient mobile application lets your track time, communicate, and complete tasks on the move.
Pricing: From $20 month/user for unlimited projects
Check out this ProWorkflow alternative!
JIRA is a cross-platform issue and bug tracking software with advanced project management capabilities and features.
- Create user stories and issues, plan sprints
- Distribute tasks across your software team.
- Prioritize and discuss your team’s work
- Centralize your team communication
- See real-time reporting on your team’s work
What’s special about this tool: JIRA is designed for software development teams, making it the perfect IT project management tool.
Pricing: From $10/month (up to 10 users), from $7 month/user (over 10 users)
21. COPPER PROJECT
Copper Project simplifies work processes as an affordable, and invaluable executive tool, from large multi-national projects to small home-based ventures.
- Collaborative project and task views
- Project templates
- Task timers
- File sharing
What’s special about this tool: Copper offers simplicity in project resource management and communication.
Pricing: From $41.5/month
22. LIQUID PLANNER
LiquidPlanner eliminates outdated plans, missed deadlines, and surprises so your team can get more done.
- Resource Workload reports show how much work is on each team member’s plate
- Insight into progress, risks, and budgets for all of your projects in one place
- Integrated timers and timesheets
- Make time tracking simple for your team with integrated timers and timesheets.
- Make more informed decisions with billing and pay rates
What’s special about this tool: Analyze your rich store of real-time workspace data to gain valuable insights. Easily build reports that show the status of a single project or the health of your entire portfolio.
Pricing: From $45 month/user with an annual contract
Check out this Liquid Planner alternative!